Welcome to Shia Stillness, an icon contest dedicated to actor Shia LaBeouf. Each week, the moderator will provide three screencaps for you to use (1 full sized picture, 2 cropped/icon bases). Then members will have a whole week to make their icons as an answer to that challenge and people will vote on them.
Since all submissions are done through comments, moderators are the only ones who need to have posting access. So don't ask for posting access, you won't get it.
This community was created by _sexorcist_ and was then taken over by dontlickit with sahari_icons as the lovely banner maker. UPDATE; The community has now been taken over by jordanlover
- Icon caps for the contest go up Sunday evening of every week.
- Icons are due Friday at 9PM EST/5PM PST/After midnight GMT.
- Voting goes up Friday after said time.
- Voting is cut off Sunday at 9PM EST/5PM PST/After midnight GMT.
- Winners are announced Sunday evening, sometime after the aforementioned time.
- Winners banners will (most of the time) go up before that following Saturday. Sometimes, on -particularly busy weeks, it might take a little longer. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it, you will get your purtiful banner.
So...if you're still here, with me, you're probably interested in joining. In that case, read on.
1. Read the rules. All of them. *points down*
2. Join the community before participating. Duh.
3. Each week, three pictures will be put up. One of the pics will be a full sized picture cap, with which you can do whatever you please. The other two will be pics that we've already cropped down to the size of an icon base. You may enter up to three icons, one from each cap- even if you don't turn in three, that doesn't mean you can turn in two from the same cap. One from each picture.
4. You'll vote for the top three icons, in order of preference. No voting for yourself, it's in bad taste. When the winners are posted, there will be a 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and a mod's choice.
5. If there aren't enough entries, that weeks contest will have to be cancelled or extended. It's no fun without competition. So be sure to participate weekly!
6. Don't use your contest icon anywhere else before results are in. This is an anonymous contest- no one should know which icons in the voting panel are yours. In that same thread, don't ask your friends to vote for you. Don't turn this into a big popularity contest. Those are for sissies.
7. All icons should be 100x100, in .jpg/.png/.gif format and no larger than 40kb.
8. No animated icons. This is a stillness challenge, so our dear Shia just has to hold still while we iconize him.
9. If you want to use an icon that didn't place at the end of a challenge, you can ask the mod who will then tell you who made the icon and you can go and ask the creator if it's shareable (as sometimes they may not be) and give proper credit.
10. You do not have to be a member of the community to vote, but anonymous votes will not be counted.
11. Since this is an anonymous contest, the moderators are allowed to participate but are not eligible for honorable mention.
1. At the beginning of each contest we will make a post where you can reply with your submission. Comments will be screened so the only people who can see your submission are you and me.
2. You will need a host that allows remote linking. Geocities/angelfire/tripod won't work. However, photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) is a decent free image host that allows remote linking. Many icon makers use it.
3. You will post your icon in the appropriate post, and when voting time comes around, I will post them.
4. When submitting your icons, please post them in this format:
Which will show up as:
lionking_stills - Lion King stillness icontest.
johncon_stills - Constantine stillness icontest.
greatest_game - A community to discuss the film 'The Greatest Game Ever Played'.
iconfic150 - An Icon and Fanfic Dual Challenge.
jayne_stills - Jayne stillness icontest.
laurie_stills - Hugh Laurie stillness icontest.
fizzy_stillness - Multifandom icontest.
rsl_challenge - Robert Sean Leonard icon challenge.
If you own a stillness community and are interested in affiliating, simply leave a comment to the most recent post with your request.
Have fun, above all! Use constructive criticism but be kind, and be creative.